Today was definitely one of the most exciting deliveries! (The bathroom tiles and the floors were my next two favourites!!) Elias manufactured our kitchen off site, according to our specifications, and then began the installation today.
From the pictures you will be able to see this is done in pieces, e.g. the polyurethane cupboards and draws come separate from the stone bench top. We decided to go for 'alpine white' 40ml waterfall bench, I cant wait till that is delivered! The gap in the island bench is for the dishwasher, and the kick board hasn't been placed on yet.
This picture is for James, as he said John doesn't feature enough in this blog :)
This is my beautiful 90mm oven, imagine the Masterchefing I will be doing in there!
Our pantry and laundry cupboards were also made by Elias which were installed today too...
In other news, Joe informed me we seem to have a spider issue in our area, probably due to all of the excavation that is going on around our block. This is very concerning for me, however, Joe said he has a pest guy who will soak the house in spray if needs be, so I am slightly comforted.
John's great idea this week was...why don't we get a pool? Initially I said flat out NO. Then he kept going on and on about how great the price is that he's gotten, and that it will increase our house value by $50,000...etc etc. And now I'm being worn down by his constant references to swimming and sun...so we are considering the option. The pool would be resin and not concrete/tiled. I'm not sure I know what resin actually is or looks/feels like, so we will go to the pool place on Saturday to check it out. If anyone happens to know about resin pools, please let me know!
Sariah :)
From the pictures you will be able to see this is done in pieces, e.g. the polyurethane cupboards and draws come separate from the stone bench top. We decided to go for 'alpine white' 40ml waterfall bench, I cant wait till that is delivered! The gap in the island bench is for the dishwasher, and the kick board hasn't been placed on yet.This picture is for James, as he said John doesn't feature enough in this blog :)

This is my beautiful 90mm oven, imagine the Masterchefing I will be doing in there!

Our pantry and laundry cupboards were also made by Elias which were installed today too...

In other news, Joe informed me we seem to have a spider issue in our area, probably due to all of the excavation that is going on around our block. This is very concerning for me, however, Joe said he has a pest guy who will soak the house in spray if needs be, so I am slightly comforted.
John's great idea this week was...why don't we get a pool? Initially I said flat out NO. Then he kept going on and on about how great the price is that he's gotten, and that it will increase our house value by $50,000...etc etc. And now I'm being worn down by his constant references to swimming and sun...so we are considering the option. The pool would be resin and not concrete/tiled. I'm not sure I know what resin actually is or looks/feels like, so we will go to the pool place on Saturday to check it out. If anyone happens to know about resin pools, please let me know!
Sariah :)

Welcome Johnny!!
ReplyDeleteCan't comment on the pool we live to close to the beach to have one!! Place is looking great, can't wait to see the finished product