Monday, January 25, 2010

The roof!

I'm back! I thought John might have gotten a taste for blogging and taken over my job...I was wrong :P
Anyways, so much has happened with this awesome house!! The bricks are completed now, they still need to be "washed", or chemically high pressure hosed, or whatever it is they do...I'm not sure! But they are all in place :)
The carpenters came back to put the finishing touches on, like the floating walls, niches and bulkheads.

Next came the gutter and fascia..colours were chosen to fit into the scheme of the facade, and look great!
Our next big decision was the roof tiles. We went with "Midnight", and they look awesome! We had to choose between the flat type and the curved type. The flatter they are, the more expensive they get, so we got the mid-range 'curviness', and I do not regret that, I actually prefer them ! (I know I'm a little biased) ;-)

They have also installed our balcony door, plus the alfresco stacking doors...and wow!! It really makes the room!!

To top all of that progress off, we went shopping on Saturday, and added substantially to our growing furniture collection. We purchased a dining table, lounge chair, buffet and coffee table. As pictured below! :)

1 comment:

  1. The rood is really looking good and your balcony too.
    mkv file player

    ReplyDelete