We've been a little slack in blogging lately.......by we I mean Sariah......j/k.So much has happened!
We had a massive rain period here in Sydney for a few weeks which delayed everything for a little while. We literally needed one more day of sun to get the roof finished but it wasn't to be. So as soon as we had a dry patch the roof was finished and it looks hot!
Next came all of the roughing in for electrical and plumbing. Jared was kind enough to come and help me wire up the house with Cat 5E cable to network the whole house along with speaker cable in the roof for when we put some surround in.....one day.
I went and met with the kitchen dude aka Elias. He is a great guy and brilliant at what he does. We designed the whole kitchen, picked colours and we're getting Elias to quote on the glass splashback.
The gyprock came next, we can't believe how dramatic the change is! I went one afternoon and the entire downstairs walls were in and the upstairs roof was in....I couldn't believe it, there were about 10 Korean's running around the house and they were ripping along! They then piled into one van and took off......classic.

A few days later and the whole house is gyprocked and the cornices are half up. It really does look amazing now that rooms are really coming together. I think there's one or two days to go with the cornicing and then it's just flooring, kitchen, bathrooms and painting to go.
The first time we went to see the finished walls Sariah was so desperate to see upstairs so I boosted her up the 2.8 metres for her to have a look...she got absolutely covered in white dust, work clothes, face and hair all COVERED in dust....she's crazy....which I love!

Sariah and I have been stressing out about the colouring this past week. Every decision has been so easy thus far but this one was tough! We had a heap of help from Tamara and Caley on our best colouring options and we just finalised our decisions last night.....Sariah was right......again.......we're going dark timber floors with a heap of white everywhere else. You'll just have to wait and see!
Not long to go now, we're thinking a conservative 6 weeks but Joe is thinking it will be a bit quicker. Joe has continued to be fantastic, he's always just a phone call away and he has had all of the answers....definitely taken all the stress out!
Till next time....you stay classy!

oh yay, caley and i feature. woo hoooo! i'm disappointed i wasn't around for the grand finale and finishing touches, but from my stalk of your blog it looks so beautiful :) YAYYYYYY! and john, good job on starting to blog!
ReplyDelete